Thanks for visiting us. We are not accepting any more application for the 2013-14 Fellowship. But you can definitely volunteer with us and help us out through our 10 days volunteering or 1 month fellowship program. Please visit the “Get Involved” Section for more details..
BachpanBanao offers 1 year fellowship opportunity for young, motivated leaders who have a vision of change and who are willing to make a difference to a lesser knownIndia.
The fellowship will be pursued by two diverse cohort of young individuals who will be each placed in a school located in the rural areas. The fellowship will be pursued by:
- Mentor Fellows: Young, motivated professionals/college graduates from different parts of the country who have professional as well as academic exposure. Mentors will be placed as administrative assistant to the school in-charge for 1-Year
- Community fellows: Young motivated individuals from the local communities who will be placed full time teacher, mentored by the Mentor Fellows. Their fellowship will be of 3 years where each year they will be given additional roles supported by continuous training and development programs. These fellows will be mentored and trained for 3 years so as to pursue higher responsibilities in supporting their communities to make it a better place to live . These fellows will also be pursuing their graduation ( if not ) during these 3 years.
The aim of fellows will be to co-create model classrooms and eventually setup model school involving the school staff. Through this the staff of the school and community as a whole will be able to see their ideas shaping in to reality hence motivating them to take ownership of the education system within the community.
ROLE OF A BACHPAN BANAO MENTOR FELLOW:
The Mentor Fellow will be wearing multiple hats, however the key responsibilities are as following:
- Mentoring ‘Community fellow’ and working with him/her to create a model school with the help of community, staff and other stakeholders
- Incharge for one class as class teacher.
- Assisting in-charge/principal in daily classroom administration
- Implementation and adherence to the school academic calendar
- Monitoring CCE work at School level
- Teachers training and RCI certification for CWS ( Children with Special Needs)
- Creation, implementation and resource allocation for the annual school extra curricular activities plan
- Helping the incharge/ principal in school/office management activities
- School Management Committee
- Implementation and adherence of standard school operations.eg: Daily school assembly, teacher attendance and adherence to various timings, infrastructure issues and management, hostel and food management, etc..
- Digitization of school administrative and academic records.
- Remedial Teaching during evening hours
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT:
We understand to achieve all of this our fellows need continuous holistic support to execute tasks and achieve their goals. Fellows will be provided training and development support on the following:
- Classroom management
- Lesson planning and curriculum planning
- Stakeholder investment ( involving the local administration, community, parents, donors in implementation of the best practices )
- Extra curricular activities and calendar
- Classroom education delivery ( student and teacher actions while teaching, usage of localized methods and concepts )
- CCE ( Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation ) and RTE
- Overview of standard school operations
- Student engagement
- Community engagement
- Basic management techniques
BASIC DETAILS ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP:
- Duration: 1 year ( June 2013- May 2014 )
- Location: Dantewada, Chattisgarh
- Planned number of Mentor Fellows Required for the year 2013-2014: 15
- Planned number of schools where we will work for the year 2013-2014: 15
- Monthly stipend:
- 10000 /- INR + Accommodation and food in school
- One time travel cost ( 2nd Class Sleeper Railway fare ) will be reimbursed from Fellows Home to Dantewada and Vice Versa at the beginning and end of fellowship respectively.
- Any other travel cost incurred with respect to BachpanBanao Fellowship work will be refunded only after approval by the Management Committee.
- Since the schools are residential school, all the fellows will be staying in the school itself. They will be provided staff quarter depending on the availability. Also food will be available in the schools as is provided to existing teachers and students
- Total number of leaves allowed during the fellowship: 30 days ( excluding the national holidays and holidays due to religious festivals ). However the leave balance will be cumulative. At the beginning of every month 2.5 days of leave will be credited in the leave balance of fellows. Hence fellow can avail leave on the basis of availability of leave balance. In case of fellow exceeding the existing leave quota, it will be treated as Leave Without Pay
- Each Mentor Fellow will be placed in one school along with a Community Fellow.
- Once selected the applicant will be sent an offer letter on behalf of BachpanBanao and District Administration, Dantewada which they will have to sign and send back as their confirmation to joining the fellowship.
- At the end of fellowship fellows will be getting a Certificate of Participation from BachpanBanao and District Administration, Dantewada
- In case a fellow wants s/he can extend their fellowship for one more year at the end of 1st year.
- Fellows will be getting basic medical facilities in Dantewada, however they are requested to ensure necessary precautions to avoid falling sick.
- Must be 21 years of age
- A graduate degree or pursuing final year of graduation at the time of applcation
- Citizen of India
- Fluency (reading, writing and speaking) in Hindi is must.